Thursday, August 4, 2011

Teriyaki Marinated Chicken Breast

I'm finally moved into my apartment! I have so many new things that I'm super excited about. Two of these are my macbook and my kitchen. Now that I have a webcam that actually works, I wanted to try out a vlog. It's unedited and it's also my very first one, so I apologize for the super amateur video. Enjoy!





Teriyaki Marinade

Ingredients:
1/2 cup low sodium soy sauce
1/4 cup fresh squeezed orange juice (or bottled juice to make things quicker)
2 tsp minced garlic
1 tbsp minced ginger
2 tbsp light brown sugar
1-2 tsp crushed red pepper flakes (optional)

Combine all ingredients in a bowl and whisk together. Pour over chicken, fish, or beef and let marinate. 

To broil: Position a rack in the upper third of the oven, line a baking sheet with foil, and spray with nonstick cooking spray. Broil, watching carefully and turning at least once, until chicken reaches an internal temperature of 165 degrees, 10 to 15 minutes total (from Eating Well magazine)



My comments: You guys all got to see how quick this was, and broiling was just as simple! Except that the high heat caused any marinade on the pan to burn...thus setting off my fire alarm. That was not so simple. I'll probably bake at a lower heat next time, and just do it for 30-40 minutes. It was a little bit salty, so next time I will use less soy sauce, but I thought it was pretty tasty. And cleanup was a breeze with only a bowl and a measuring cup (the foil keeps you from having to wash the baking sheet). 

No comments:

Post a Comment