Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Berry-Banana Shake

I've never set specific fitness/diet goals before (aside from "eat better" and "exercise more"), and I decided it's time to start!

Current goal: Weight training 3-4 times a week for the next 2 weeks. Doable? Totally!

On that note...post-workout, especially if you're doing muscle building exercise, you want to make sure your body is getting plenty of protein and good carbs. It speeds up the recovery process and gives you energy. Smoothies are a great option for getting both of these! This recipe comes from my new diet plan from Tone It Up.

Side note: If you haven't heard of Tone It Up, I'm pretty much obsessed. It's these two trainers/nutrition coaches from California, and they have recipes, workouts, tips, and a bunch more. It's been a huge inspiration and motivator for me. There's even an online community full of other people who have the same struggles/successes on their health journey. Thanks to Annie for introducing me to TIU!

Mid-Morning Shake
Ingredients:
1/2 a banana
1/4 cup strawberries, halved (I just used 3 frozen whole strawberries)
1/4 cup blueberries (also frozen)
1 tsp all-natural 100% maple syrup
1 scoop vanilla protein powder (I used whey)
1 cup almond or rice milk (I used unsweetened vanilla almond milk)

Blend everything together until smooth!


Easy - check. Delicious - check.

No comments:

Post a Comment