Monday, August 15, 2011

Product Reviews: Snack Bars

I require constant feeding. After 4 hours of not eating, I'm a completely different (and unpleasant) person. Like those snickers commercials where tough guys get turned into Betty White because they're hungry.

So I eat a lot of on-the-go, easy to keep with me snacks, like snack bars. It's taken me a while to find some I really like, but I've finally found some winners. Here's my take on a few!

Best for weight loss: ThinkThin

These are high protein, with a low glycemic index (meaning they have a low impact on our blood glucose levels, thus reducing the amount of insulin our body produces and preventing the "sugar crash"). They're a little bit dense, but still delicious.


Most natural: LaraBars










I ate a banana bread LaraBar the other day with three ingredients: Almonds, dates, unsweetened banana. In our preservative drenched world, it's almost unheard of to find something with a list of ingredients that we can recognize. The only bad part: dried fruit does tend to contain a lot of sugar, so this is not a good one to eat if you're watching your sugar intake.

Best all around: Luna









I've always been a loyal Luna bar consumer. They're usually less than 200 calories, and they're certified organic. These are also considered a low glycemic food. I think these taste the best too. The texture isn't too dense, so you don't have to chew for ages to take a bite. My favorite part though...they've added vitamins and minerals. It's like eating a vitamin bar :-)


No comments:

Post a Comment