Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Peanut Butter and Banana Oatmeal

Only 13 more days until I'm in my new apartment! I can't wait to make myself an entire meal. I'm falling waaaaay out of my healthy eating habits. I blame the dining hall for offering like 4 options for every meal. And I don't mean each meal is 4 new options, I mean it's the same every single time. I'm so sick of the same mushy veggies that I have started doing the whole "Nothing sounds good...pasta with alfredo and chicken strips it is." Which is exactly what caused me to put on all of my college weight when I was living on campus.

I have managed to find a couple of go-to options that I actually like, and this is one of them. I don't have a picture, because I've been making it in the dining hall, but I did want to share the recipe! It's super easy, and you could use any time of plain oatmeal...instant, quick cooking, steel cut, or anything else really.

Peanut Butter and Banana Oatmeal

Ingredients:
3/4 cup cooked oatmeal (follow directions for whatever type of oatmeal you're using)
1 1/2 tbsp creamy peanut butter
1 small banana, cut into bite sized pieces
1 tsp honey

Add peanut butter and honey to cooked oatmeal and stir well to combine. Fold in banana.

Taste Rating: 7

Easy Rating: 9
Other than cutting up the banana, this is a breeze. Especially since the dining hall has ready-to-eat oatmeal. It still wouldn't be difficult if I had to make the oatmeal myself, though!

Overall Rating: 8
Given that this is a well-balanced meal on its own, I'm gonna say this is pretty awesome. Whole grains, fruit, healthy fats, protein...talk about a power breakfast!

No comments:

Post a Comment