Sunday, May 15, 2011

Barbeque Chicken Pizza

Congrats, class of 2011! Graduation was Saturday, so we are officially graduates of Trinity University. That means I have three weeks of nothing! My summer job starts on June 7. I'll be moving back into the dorms at Trinity and teaching a math class for the Duke TIP summer program. I'm excited to get some hands on experience in math education, but I'm sad to lose my kitchen for two months. I want to cook as much as possible until then, so expect the frequency of my blog entries to increase for the next couple of weeks.

I haven't made a pizza since my first entry ever, so I figured it was time to try a new one. I love barbeque chicken pizza, but the only place you can really get it is California Pizza Kitchen. Being a student, that's not exactly in my budget, so I was hoping I could recreate my own version at home. I started looking up recipes online, and after looking at a few, I came up with this. I used some pre-cooked ingredients to lighten the work load. 

Barbeque Chicken Pizza

Ingredients:
1 pre-baked pizza crust (use a whole wheat thin crust for maximum nutrients with minimal calories. I couldn't find a whole wheat one, so I just got the thinnest crust I could find.)
1/2 cup BBQ sauce (I like Stubb's Original. I love that I can get Stubb's sauce in a bottle!)
1 boneless skinless pre-cooked chicken breast, cut into cubes (find this in the pre-cooked meats section)
1/4 red onion, thinly sliced 
1 cup shredded mozzarella
1/2 cup chopped fresh cilantro

Directions:
Spread the sauce on the crust, and top with cubed chicken breasts, onion, and mozzarella. Bake according to instructions on the crust package, until cheese is melted and starts to brown on top. Top with cilantro, cut into 8 pieces, and serve.



Taste Rating: 10!
This was delicious! I even went back for seconds :-)

Easy Rating: 8
All you have to do is chop some onion and cut up a chicken breast. Other than that, you just throw everything onto a crust and bake it. From start to finish, cooking this meal took 20 minutes. I love pre-cooked ingredients!

Overall Rating: 9
This is probably a top 5 favorite meal for me. I also calculated calories per slice, and I'm estimating about 125...that's not a lot for something super delicious. Three slices of pizza and a salad for 450 calories? Talk about satisfying and guilt free! Another plus: This whole pizza was less than $5. Is this too good to be true? 

No comments:

Post a Comment