Sunday, June 19, 2011

Banana Peanut Butter Smoothie

Happy Father's Day! I had a great time making dinner with my mom for father's day. We made my dad steak with mushrooms, garlic mashed potatoes, and green beans. Plus a coffee ice cream pie for dessert. It was all sooo delicious! We ate a really late lunch (like at 3:00), so I knew I wouldn't be hungry for dinner. This smoothie seemed like the perfect snack/small meal for later.

This recipe was from my newest addition to my cookbook collection: 125 Best Blender Recipes. I bought this little magazine style cookbook about a week ago, because I knew I would be needing some good blender recipes. They have smoothies, cocktails, soups, salad dressings, and more, so I figured it would be a worthy investment even if I wasn't in the dorms.

Banana Peanut Butter Smoothie


Ingredients:
1 small ripe banana, cut in half
1 tsp creamy peanut butter (I used 2. You can never have too much PB, right?)
1/2 cup low fat milk (I used skim)
Ice (I used about 2 cups)

Directions:
In blender, combine banana, milk, peanut butter, and ice. Blend until mixture is smooth and frothy.

Makes 1 smoothie: 165 calories, 6 g protein, 28 g carbs, 4 g total fat (2 g saturated), 2 g fiber, 5 mg cholesterol, 85 mg sodium



Taste Rating: 6
I'm definitely going for a whole tablespoon of peanut butter next time. It's just a teeny bit bland, but that could also be from using skim milk instead of 1 or 2%. My banana also wasn't that ripe, so a riper banana would add some extra sweetness.

Easy Rating: 9
Pour everything into a blender and press a button...

Overall Rating: 7.5
I think with the extra peanut butter and a riper banana, this would be pretty good. I'm thinking I'll make it for breakfast next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment